Phillip Bruce Leslie was born June 24, 1947. Bruce is a 1965 graduate of Paul Blazer High School in Ashland, Kentucky. Bruce is married to Leanna Leslie and they have two children, Allison Allred & Brett Leslie. After graduation, Bruce pursued his college education at the University of Kentucky, receiving a Bachelor’s Degree in Education. In 1969, Bruce was admitted to the University of Kentucky College Of Law in 1970, receiving his Juris Doctorate in 1973.
Shortly thereafter, Bruce, along with Terry McBrayer and John R. McGinnis, became a partner in what would become one of the State’s largest and most prominent law firms, McBrayer, McGinnis, Leslie & Kirkland. The firm has over 50 attorneys with six different offices. Bruce currently is a Senior Partner.
Throughout his years of practicing law, Bruce has had the opportunity to serve his community. His achievements, both professional and civic, are as follows:
• Admitted to Practice law in Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee
• Trial Commissioner, Greenup District Court 1978-2014
• Past Member, House of Delegates (Kentucky Bar Association) representing
the 20th Judicial District
• Former City Attorney for Cities of Flatwoods, Greenup, and South Shore.
• Member of the Board of Directors, Ashland Community and Technical College
1978 - 2012
• Chairman, Board of Directors, Ashland Community and Technical College
1980 - 2012
• Member of the Board of Directors, Paramount Art Center 1999 – present
• Secretary, Board of Directors, Paramount Art Center 2000 – 2004
• Vice President, Board of Directors, Paramount Art Center 2005
• President, Board of Directors, Paramount Art Center 2006 and 2014-2015
• Member, Institutional Review Board – Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital 1996 - 2004
• Chairman, Institutional Review Board – Out Lady of Bellefonte Hospital 2001 - 2004
• Member, Board of Directors – Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital 2004 - 2015
• Chairman, Audit & Compliance Committee – Out Lady of Bellefonte Hospital
2005 - 2015
• Member, Board of Directors, Community Hospice, Inc. 1996 - 2004
• Chairman, Board of Directors, Community Hospice, Inc. 2001 - 2004
• President of Hometown Broadcasting, Inc., licensee of WLGC and WLGC-FM,
Ashland, KY; WNXT and WNXT-FM and WZZZ-FM, Portsmouth, OH; WHIR
and WHIR-FM, Danville, KY; WRNZ-FM, Lancaster, KY; and WHBN-AM,
• Vestry Member – Calvary Episcopal Church 2004 - 2010
• Member, Kentucky Community & Technical College Foundation Board of
Directors 2012 – current
• Member, Kentucky Community & Technical College Foundation Finance
Committee 2013 - 2016
• Secretary to the Board of Directors, Kentucky Community & Technical College
Foundation 2017 - current
Over the past 38 years, Bruce Leslie has vigorously pursued his belief in giving back to the community. He has served with distinction as a member of the Kentucky Bar Association House of Delegates, member and Chairman of the Board of Ashland Community & Technical College; a member, secretary, vice president and Chairman of the Board of the Paramount Arts Center, a member and Chairman of the Institutional Review Board of Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital, a member and Chairman of the Audit Committee of Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital and a member and Board member and Chairman of the Board for Community Hospice. A member of the Board of Directors Finance Committee and Secretary of the Kentucky Community & Technical College Foundation. In addition, Mr. Leslie is proud to serve as a vestry member of the Calvary Episcopal Church.
During his undergraduate years at the University of Kentucky, Bruce was an active member of the Beta-Nu Chapter of Kappa Sigma. During his four years of active membership, Bruce served two years as Grand Scribe. He also served two semesters as Rush Chairman. Serving one semester as Rush Chairman, the Chapter scored what was, at the time, the largest pledge class in the history of the Chapter. Bruce was also very active in Intramural sports on behalf of the Chapter. To this day, some of his best and lifelong friends were Brother at Beta-Nu.